Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Learn about your body

Up until 2 months ago I was taking 14 pills a day and a shot once a week for my arthritis and fibromyalgia.  Shots that weren't working and causing anxiety because they have to go into my belly.   The swelling never went down and my fingers were deforming even more,  like some kind of permanent live long and proper hand sign.

I grew tired of side affects and every visit was an increase of dosage and finally when the rheumatologist told me I would have to try the next med.  I had a mini episode in my head.  You see the side affect of this new meds were worse, to include a small chance of death...  yup DEATH!   To make matters worse she was so casual about it.   She said well its a very tiny chance.  Look I have a husband and a kid, how responsible would that be to essentially gamble suicide for pain relief, no thanks!

Granted I haven't stopped taking all of my medications, I certainly don't recommend just dropping your meds like that, it is dangerous.  In fact I don't recommend anything at all, I am not a doctor...  again this is my story.  What I do suggest is being proactive with your doctor.  Tell them what you want, find a common ground, and work with them.

That is when I hit the internet, grilled my friend who studies natural healing, and went to the library.  I gathered all the info I could about herbs dietary changes.  And it is making some difference in my situation.   I learned that if you are food that are nightshade variety, that they can increase inflammation which if you have illness' that are sensitive to that then you are compounding the situation.  Common varieties of nightshade plants include white potato, tomato, eggplant, bell peppers, hot peppers etc.    Also including foods that fight arthritis like those that are high in Omega-3's like salmon, mackerel, flax seed, walnuts, and Chia seeds (which are a super food of the ancient times of Aztecs and Mayans)

Excercise of course came up, but things like swimming, stretching, and yoga.   I will be starting yoga, actually I decided to try DDP Yoga, I will be blogging about that as well.  I tried running but my body protested wildly, so after seeing that Arthur guy doing I am inspired...   plus Diamond Dallas Page has an amazing quote  "life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it!~DDP" 

Anyhow folks this is a learning process, I look forward to what we learn together

No comments:

Post a Comment